If you’re anything like me, your favorite part of any party or get together is hands down the appetizers/snacks, amIright? AND the ultimate app/snack time of the year is coming soon with football and college basketball big games coming up! I am definitely not a football fan (put me in a baseball stadium any day) but I do love me some good game party food, especially any saucy ones in a slow cooker, so I set out to create a new fave of my own…mashed potato-stuffed meatballs.
These start out with my favorite meatball recipe which I’ve been making with ground bison lately and are liking it a ton more than ground beef in recipes. It’s so much more lean and seems to have a lot more flavor. Other than the meatball ingredients, you’ll just need some of your favorite barbeque sauce and a package or two of flavored Idaho Spuds Instant mashed potatoes.
Speaking of the big game, be sure to enter the Idaho Spuds “Big Flavor-Big Game-Big Adventure” Sweepstakes for your chance to win a trip for two to Boise as well as a year’s supply of Idaho Spuds!!
Just click HERE to enter…and watch for some yummy meatballs to choose as an entry ;)
- 1lb ground beef, bison, or turkey
- 1 package Idaho Spuds instant mashed potatoes in your flavor choice
- ½ c breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ c onion, minced
- 1T olive oil
- 1 bottle (12oz) of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Prepare potatoes according to package directions
- Form into small balls (~1tsp) and place on baking sheet then freeze
- Combine meat, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, and spices by hand
- Form into circles then gently wrap around frozen potato ball
- Brown meatballs in olive oil over medium-high heat
- Place in crockpot set to low heat
- Pour barbeque sauce over meatballs and gently stir to coat
- Cover and let cook for 2-3 hours on low
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.